Instructor of Biology Full-time Tenure Track 2017-2018- MJC
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Application Closing Date: May 8, 2017 by 11:59 pm
|Job Title||Instructor of Biology Full-time Tenure Track 2017-2018- MJC|
|Site||Modesto Junior College|
|Tenure Track||Tenure Track Position|
|Salary Range / Other||
Placement on the Yosemite Community College District salary schedule dependent upon education and experience. 2015-2016 Salary Schedule – $55,384 to $103,694 per year, plus an annual $2,374 stipend for an earned doctorate. New personnel limited to a maximum tenth step initial placement based on previous experience – maximum equals $80,856
The District currently pays for a number of health options for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District paid.
Position Summary Information
|Required Quals Summary||
Knowledge of and ability to appraise the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic back-grounds of community college students. Sensitivity to the needs, problems and challenges associated with the diversity of the community college student population.
|Job Description Summary||
• Teach any of the Biology courses, as staffing needs require, during day, evening or summer at the main campus or other off-campus sites. A hypothetical annual teaching load could include courses in a variety of sub-disciplines: Non-majors General Biology, Cellular, Organismal, and Pre-Allied Health. Some courses employ a combination of lecture, laboratory, small group, field, and computer-aided instruction. Opportunities exist to teach field courses at Baker’s Station: www.highsierrainstitute.org
• Experience as a full-time or part-time instructor (beyond teaching assistant) at the collegiate level. Community college teaching experience preferred.
• Ability to develop curriculum or services that stress innovation and inclusion.
|Special Instructions for this Posting||
Applications are accepted online only at:
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
|Licenses and Certificates|
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||No|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Are you a U.S. Citizen?
If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:
1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:
2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:
3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:
4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD?
Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided.
NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/hr/documents.htm
Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses